In this role you will lead Aon’s Global Mobility / expatriate tax, compensation and payroll work, working closely with Aon’s external expatriate tax services provider, Aon internal tax teams, Aon payroll teams and the Global Mobility Operations team. You will also line manage the Global Mobility Senior Specialist, Compensation.
Accountability 1 – Payroll
- Supervise Global Mobility payroll operations and signing off forms to have payroll properly reported and taxes paid.
- Oversee the coordination of cyclical payments like e.g. COLA, Home leave and Dependents’ visits payments.
- Supervise the processing of equity and reconciliation of the amounts annually, clarifying the tax position in relation to GET reports to global payroll teams – unlikely anything will need to be done in this space in the next few months.
- Supervise the coordination of the configuration of payroll records in case of special work arrangements and shadow payroll processing.
- Oversee the communication with Benefit teams to correctly process e.g. pension contributions, ShareSave deductions and dividend payments in UK
Accountability 2 – Compensation
- Oversee the review of compensation data used by the tax provider to prepare tax returns e.g. in Singapore.
- Supervise the annual compensation review process for Global Mobility – bonuses and salaries.
- Oversee the global compensation collection process.
Accountability 3 - Finance
- Provide clarity on KPMG tax invoice queries monthly.
- Approve vendor invoice payments in Coupa, increase funding in Purchase Orders.
- Provide clarity to Finance teams around invoices, payroll items and taxability.
Accountability 4 - Tax
- Supervise tax and social security set ups in all jurisdictions affected in case of complex arrangements due to e.g. special working patterns
- Coordinates tax and social security advice in relation to GM affect populations (including transfers) between KPMG, Tax, Payroll, Local HR and Legal e.g. historical tax liabilities, FTC, termination payments, TEQ calculations, upcoming relocations
- Oversee the coordination of UK cyclical tax and social security reporting and withholding processes like e.g. STBV’s, GM Population of SDLT’s and P11D’s
- Audit and approving the tax payments to HMRC for GM population of employees
- Manage the process of calculating hypothetical taxes in LINKE
- Oversees the review and payment of all invoices from the tax services vendor, the previous tax services vendor and other Global Mobility vendors as necessary
Accountability 5 – Reporting and Documentation
- Produce analytics and reporting that will inform Aon’s Global Mobility strategy, where required
- Document & maintain processes, such as the Tax Equalisation Policy, the Payroll Guide and the compensation and tax related process maps, to ensure they remain relevant and efficient.
- Experience in advising on expatriate tax, compensation and payroll issues
- Strong technology skills and highly proficient in Excel, with advanced skills
- Highly developed analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to develop Global Mobility data analytics and introduce efficiencies with running through large amounts of data
- Ideally have at least five years’ experience of working in Global Mobility
- Must have understanding of both international assignments and permanent transfers and the policy framework that drives these.
- Ideally have some knowledge of the Workday HR system.
- Experience of working with KPMG’s LINK Enterprise Assignment Manager technology would be beneficial, but not essential
- Global Mobility experience covering all global regions
- Experience of line managing at least 1 person
- Degree Level
- Payroll or Tax Qualifications Beneficial, but not essential
- Spotless record and strong ethos
- The best medical cover on the market with free dental care
- Generous benefits package for your wellbeing (multisport cards, insurance, vouchers, and many more!)
- Stability of employment and permanent contract after trial period
- Brand new office supporting collaboration, flexibility and activity based working
- Internal career opportunities and individual development plan
- Unique workplace culture - we value openness, honesty and authenticity, so don’t expect formal dress code nor managers hidden behind closed doors
- Lots of social events, charity actions and opportunities to integrate with colleagues
Please attach CV in English only.