Enterprise Analytics Platform Technical Lead
The candidate will exhibit the competencies of a technical administrator of Cloudera Hadoop ecosystems, but will also demonstrate an ability to lead and represent the capabilities and services delivered by the platform, into the wider Aon organisation. The individual will work closely with the Enterprise Architecture team, Data Science and Analytics teams and the Big Data Operations/Engineering Leader, within the Cloud and Enterprise Platform Services division of Aon Technology.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Consult and collaborate with business partners to define requirements and assure successful delivery and operation
- Leadership of a small but growing global team of Cloudera/Big Data technical administrators
- Escalation support for high priority issues or incidents
- Drive continuous improvement on current state operational state, including policies, practices, documentation, metrics/scorecards, etc.
- Design, system administration, performance optimisation of an AWS based Cloudera Big Data Platform
- Deploying and maintaining services such as Cloudera Manager, AWS services, Cloudera Navigator, Ansible Playbook, Cloudera Data Science Workbench, HDFS, SQOOP, Hive, Impala, PIG, Kafka, Kudu, Zookeeper, Spark, Hue, Yarn etc.
- Adding and removing nodes using cluster monitoring tools like Cloudera Manager
- Develop/review detailed designs for any implementations/pilot’s/POCs to enable new workloads and addition of new technical capabilities
- Provide full visibility into the health and utilization of the Cloudera based platform through use of real-time dashboards, alerts, and other mechanisms
- Performing configuration, patching, upgrades of the Cloudera environments, and associated tools
- Manage workloads and enable workload optimization including managing resource allocation and scheduling to fulfil SLAs
- Coordinate activities with Cloud Infrastructure and other enabling IT teams and Vendors
- 3+ years of direct or indirect leadership of technical delivery teams, ideally in a Big Data technology space
- Good project management skills
- Strong customer focused and results oriented attitude
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a global operating environment
- Flexible/agile working practice
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Big Data/Hadoop technologies (including Hadoop, Spark, Hive)
- 2+ years working in a Big Data service delivery (or equivalent) roles focusing on the following disciplines:
- Big Data Platform Administration
- Deployment of Big Data Solution Architecture
- Analytics / Business Intelligence Tools like Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, etc.,
- AWS S3 Creating Buckets/Tokens etc.,
- Big Data/Hadoop ecosystem experience (prefer Cloudera 5.14 or 5.15)
- Experience of working with Cloud environments (preferably AWS)
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree a plus
- ITIL foundations certificate or equivalent practical experience.
- The best medical cover on the market with free dental care
- Generous benefits package for your wellbeing (multisport cards, insurance, vouchers, and many more!)
- Stability of employment and permanent contract after trial period
- Brand new office supporting collaboration, flexibility and activity based working
- Internal career opportunities and individual development plan
- Unique workplace culture - we value openness, honesty and authenticity, so don’t expect formal dress code nor managers hidden behind closed doors
- Lots of social events, charity actions and opportunities to integrate with colleagues
Please attach CV in English only.