As a Statutory Accountant some of your key responsibilities will involve:
The role will be responsible for the following activities:
• Leading the timely and accurate month end/ year end close process for selected entitles. This will involve the preparation of ad hoc head-office transactions and related accounting treatment as well as balance sheet reconciliations affecting holding companies.
• Production of Board Reporting packs through the review and documentation of walkthroughs of actual management results to enable payments of dividends and capital reductions.
• Participation in the execution of UK entities M&A transactions in relation to disposals, acquisitions and group reconstructions by keeping the accounting records, controls and statutory adjustments; and
• Preparing statutory accounts for UK & Plc holding companies and
• Support the audit process and answering audit queries for those entities
• Fair valuation and impairment analysis of the AGHL group (including overseas entities and dealing with multi currencies)
• Carrying out impairment review for UK group company investments and intangibles under IFRS with a high level understanding of how CGU’s work.
• An understanding and fair valuation of available for sale assets under IAS 39/ IFRS 9.
• Month-end journal processing for derivatives, intangible assets & deferred consideration.
• Supporting the standardisation of disclosures under IFRS for all UK Companies in Statutory Reporting tool, maintenance of IFRS System pro forma accounts and mapping in the tool.
• Maintaining UK accounting policies and creation
• Working on M&A activity providing financial due diligence and eventual accounting for such transactions and writing technical accounting memos for any such transactions.
• Dealing with complex Corporate structuring projects that may arise from time to time including, intercompany loans and leases, transfer of subsidiaries.
• A good understanding of the impact of group re-organisation on individual stand-alone statutory accounts and group reporting.
• Ability to research Companies Act and Accounting standards and write accounting memos for the above transactions.
• Eventual rationalisation of entities including carrying out distributable reserves analysis, capital reductions etc
As a Statutory Accountant and Financial Reporting Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• Experience of the close process, consolidation and production of Group financial statements
• Extensive knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS and UK GAAP FRS 101 accounting standards
• Ability to demonstrate good verbal, organisational and communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Experience of working independently on project based tasks and delivering required results in a timely manner
• University degree or equivalent
• Qualified Accountant - ACA or ACCA qualified or partly qualified or equivalent with demonstrable up-to-date knowledge will be an asset
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in accounting/reporting function, preferably including public accounting experience and similar experience in a corporate finance function
• Experience with financial systems preferred
• Experience with MS Office products such as Word and Advanced Level Excel
• A promising career path and individual development plan
• A large number of career opportunities in different business areas
• Cooperation with young, energetic and craving for knowledge colleagues
• The opportunity to build strong and meaningful relationships with clients and influence their business
• The best medical cover on the market with free dental care
• Generous and competitive benefits package (multisport cards, insurance, vouchers – find out what else is waiting for you!)
• Offices in close proximity to Krakow’s city centre
• The chance to participate in social events and charity actions