About the Role
The Broking and Plan Management team in Krakow provides administration support to the Health & Benefits Teams within EMEA who advise Corporate clients on their Life Assurance, Disability, Medical Insurance and Pension Plans. This work is primarily carried out in the Health & Benefits web based platform (TBS), which is used to store all plan information and to manage the quotation and placement of insurance, interfacing between insurers, clients and ourselves.
The work of the team comprises
- Plan management activities to ensure that the TBS platform is kept up to date around client plan design, financials, policy information. This information is used to manage clients and to support analytics and advice
- Renewal management
- Broking activities to review the insurance market to recommend the right insurance carrier for the client
The EMEA team in Krakow will support these activities for a number of H&B business units within the EMEA region and thus will manage across a range of country stakeholders delivering high quality services to each country.
Senior Operations Manager is accountable for the overall delivery of day to day service and people management of a Business Area. The exact number of teams will vary by Business Area and Business Area may cover any of H&B teams.
- Owns and drives performance management activities across the Business Area by setting goals and delegating work to managers and colleagues: holding them accountable for the delivery to agreed deadlines.
- Leads teams by providing direction and linking managers and colleague goals and expectations to those of the company, represents the company by helping managers and colleagues understand their impact.
- Develops and manages resources across the Business Area by creating resource plans, ensuring headcount matches plans throughout the year and develops plans for future business need.
- Manages the recruitment process for the Business Area ensuring managers and colleagues with the relevant skills are recruited to the team.
- Being a role model for colleagues by giving constructive feedback and coaching to support the development of others.
- Motivates and engages managers and colleagues by understanding their individual motivations and managing them in line with available resources.
- Coordinates the workload across Business Area or Location ensuring both business as usual and projects are delivered to required deadlines and level of quality.
- Analyses data on the output of work across Business Area and identifies issues or trends connected to errors, time-consuming tasks, under or over capacity.
- Accountable for overall quality control, management of risks and escalations, audit and governance across Business Area.
- Communicates effectively in both written and verbal forms. Owns Aon messages and adapts style to ensure key messages are delivered and understood by managers and colleagues.
- Responsible for pro-actively managing relationships between Business Area and Location and Key Stakeholders: these can include Clients, Client Managers, other Aon Teams and 3rd party providers.
- Uses talent management tools including succession planning and talent reviews to ensure that the right people are in the right roles for future growth and there is no Single Point of Failures in the Business Area.
- Drives and promotes the management and sharing of knowledge across Business Area of all client processes, tools and systems: ensuring documentation is correct, up to date and in line with any statutory or legislative changes.
- Drives and promotes the identification and implementation of best practice across Business. Guides and supports colleagues in what is relevant and applicable for the Business Area.
- Owns and drives recognition practices across the Business Area or Location, responsible for recognising managers and colleagues and promoting the culture of recognising others.
- Manages the financial performance of the Business Area in relation to headcount and ad hoc spend, ensuring that holidays, expenses and overtime is managed, and all relevant time is charged correctly.
- Accountable for delivering financials according to budgeted figures.
- Acting as Aon promotor and leading engagement culture in Business Area and Location.
- Collaborating with colleagues across Aon in a way that demonstrates the values of Aon United and the Aon Colleague Experience
Specific to Business Area:
- Provide direction and coaching to Operations Managers relating to the Aon Client Promise, Aon values, Aon Colleagues experience
- Working with internal teams, for example, IT, Quality & Change to manage any client issues, owning the associated plan or actions to rectify those issues.
- Providing guidance to colleagues where required in all interactions with the internal and external clients including preparation for, presentations, meetings and issue management.
- Actively seeking out and identifying market and competitor knowledge to support and drive solutions for clients and Aon.
- Sponsoring and contributing to the shaping of new solutions that enhance our service offering.
- Work closely with all Teams to proactively seek out new relationships or develop existing relationships to expand our base of clients
- Actively seeks to develop own performance, skills and knowledge to maximise potential and contribution to our business.
- Support sales team and Client Managers in the preparation and presentation for any new business opportunities.
Working with others
- The Manager partners with both internal and external Clients building strong relationships to manage expectations regarding service delivery.
- The Manager manages expectations between the Business Area and key stakeholders, these include the Client, Client Managers, Third Party Providers and other Internal Aon Parties.
- The Manager will work with other Managers to support the consistent management and of colleagues across the Business Area.
- The Manager will actively seek to develop colleague’s performance, skills and knowledge to maximise potential and contribution to the business across the Business Area.
- The Manager participates in and, as required, leads internal and client identified change projects. The Manager ensures the project team have relevant skills and support to achieve goals.
- The Manager will work with other Managers across the wider businesses to maximize client satisfaction, support the development of new joint proposition for the market and support new business opportunities which include administration services.
- The Manager has leadership responsibility for a Business Area and is accountable for all performance management activities in line with company policies and legislation.
- The Manager motivates and encourages managers and colleagues to understand and meet the business and client’s requirements. Linking manager, colleague and team goals to the company strategy.
- The Manager explains difficult concepts to managers and colleagues when delegating work or communicating information in a way which enables the efficient and effective delivery of work.
- The Manager provides support; coaching and delivers constructive feedback to managers and team members and encourage all to take an active role in their own Continued Professional Development (CPD).
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Senior Operations Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience on the Operations Manager role or similar role.
- Proven track record of People Management of a Business Area or Location.
- Significant experience in a client facing environment including experience of managing relationships
- Proven track record in delivering results to an external client base through the effective management of large teams is required.
- Experience of engaging and motivating colleagues to create a satisfying work environment is required.
- Experience in delivering large projects or implementations work.
- Proven experience of interpreting and translating complex or sensitive messaging, changes in legislation and requirements into standards and best practice.
- High level of self- motivation and proactivity.
- Strong line management skills to lead and develop effective Teams.
- Superior relationship management skills to manage stakeholders and challenging situations.
- A superior communicator, confident to express views and communicate complex messages in an understandable way demonstrating strong interpersonal skills that build long term relationships and trust.
- An ability to effectively negotiate and positively influence the behaviours and decisions of others.
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills to anticipate future needs/issues, including leading on identifying solutions and making recommendations.
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritise and execute tasks in high pressure environment. Including, the ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines using analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Overview knowledge of the relevant technical area, including legislation, market and best practice.