Aon Is Looking for a Talent Manager (ARL 5)
As part of an industry-leading Global HR team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions. This role will support the Risk business areas and is responsible for: the consultation and co-design of key strategic institutes; driving the core processes for EMEA region. The institutes are 9-18 month blended learning programmes which contain predominately technical training elements but also include skills development to enable the participant to bring enhanced technical capability to clients.
Your Impact as A Talent Manager
The individual who fills this role is expected to:
- Work with Business Leaders, Institute owners, external providers and HR leadership team(s) to consult and co-design Institute curriculum.
- Consult with Business leaders, and Institute owners of current Institutes to ensure they are continually improved and remain competitive and bring new ideas and workable recommendations to the table
- Gain a deep understanding of the overall Aon Development tools, frameworks, models and programmers and ensure that the Institutes leverage and are aligned to the company's talent development philosophy and Aon University career stage and development framework.
- Consult on the best approach to measure and report client satisfaction at project completion through evaluation feedback and tools in order to gain, maintain, and improve long-term relationships with the business.
- Coach and guide business leaders, Institute Owners and programme coordinators on their roles in standing up a successful institute.
- Utilize the consultation process to ensure that the Business become enabled to run future institutes with only “light touch” consultation on improvements.
- Coordinate the ‘core processes’ (Performance Management, Talent Review, Engagement, Program Nominations) across the region and across all Solution Lines in EMEA and continuously work on improvement of quality of these processes.
- Liaise with the Global Centers of Excellence on requirements, timelines, deliverables etc. for the core processes.
- Ensure local EMEA HR and TD teams are informed, instructed and where needed trained on the processes. Act as ‘go to’ person for any questions and as intermediate between the global and local teams.
Your responsibilities will involve:
- Building rapport quickly with Business Leaders, Institute owners and all HR colleagues HR and engaging as a trusted advisor and talent expert
- Influencing decisions on design of Institutes to ensure best in class outcomes
- Building a broad network in the aligned BU and consult with colleagues at all levels engaging as a trusted advisor and influencer to business leaders
- Building a strong network and trust with local HR & TD teams across the region, the Global Centers of Excellence and regional and global TD Leaders.
- Demonstrating an understanding of commercial and operational challenges faced by the business teams
- Creating materials and tools that are professional yet creative and eye-catching
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Proven ability and motivation to develop talent and drive engagement within the context of broader organizational strategy
- Proven ability to consult with and influence key stakeholders up to and including the executive leadership team
- Practical experience of implementing performance management and talent development practices
- Strong learning and development background, ideally within financial or professional services
- Comfortable facilitating/presenting to and working with a mixed audiences up to and including senior management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in English
- Excellent project management skills, including ideally, experience of projects with global breadth, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects within a busy, dynamic team environment
- Agile work style, ability to manage multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities, and ability to distinguish between task which are urgent and tasks which are important
- Prior experience in working in a global matrix work environment-to include remote teams
- Must be proactive, enthusiastic, professional, approachable and flexible
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS), and knowledge of industry development and delivery tools – including virtual delivery tools (e.g., WebEx). (desirable)
- Advanced MS Office skills (desirable)
- Given suitable notice, some travel/overnight stays may be required to various Aon offices
- Experience outside of Talent (desirable)
- Values – Excellence, People, Integrity, Community
- Client Value - Consulting Skills, Client Knowledge, Client Service
- Unmatched Teams - Adaptability & Flexibility, Cross-cultural Competence & Collaboration, Developing Self & Others
- Business Results - Quality Management, Business Acumen, Systems & Processes, Project Management
- Innovation – Expertise, Capability, Influence
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.