In Aon’s quest to become the preeminent professional services firm, the development of a world class Global Business Services organization is of critical, strategic importance. The Project Manager will play a significant role in our journey leading the growth and development of the GBS function by assisting Transformation / Transition change initiatives throughout the organization by effectively supporting Transition projects and initiatives that support the growth, maturity and/or operational excellence. The role will include collection, analysis and reporting of data and existing processes to help identify areas of opportunity for change to better serve our customers. This position has broad segment influence and will work closely with various NA/EMEA countries across all lines of Business to implement consistent tools and processes to support process improvement, process efficiency, increased operational control and business growth. This role will be responsible to manage projects as well as migrate services into our captive and outsourced Service Delivery Centers reaping a 15 – 25% cost / quality improvement in all solutions migrated. This colleague will have a direct impact on Aon’s operating results through delivering high quality, enhanced and stable operations to the GBS Centers and Third Parties providing our core businesses with a scalable platform on which to enable growth in our GBS pursuit of reaping 15 – 25% cost / quality improvement in all solutions migrated and projects performed. The successful candidate will be instrumental executing on Aon’s migration and program priorities in a highly integrated fashion through key partnerships with BRMs, the Process Engineering Leader, Service Center / Vendor leaders as well as Aon business and functional leadership.
Today, the GBS performance unit includes IT, Global Spend Management, Security and Operations. This role sits within the operations function which consists of four areas: Business Relationship Management, Transitions, Program Delivery and Migrations (role resides here), Process Engineering, and Service Delivery Centers.
Aon proudly offers a diverse and inclusive culture and this role will cross all BU functions (Analytics, Marketing, F&A, HR, P2P/GSM, OTC, etc.) and geographies to deliver services in an 'Aon United' manner. Knowledge of critical Service Delivery Fundamentals will be vital for success in this role.
Key areas of focus include:
- Lead strategic migrations / projects to execute on priority transitions of work to onshore and off, with our captives and partners as well as to lead identified GBS programs.
- Provide vendor leadership for all assigned outsourced migration programs
- Partner with BRMs and business to identify and evaluate appropriate migration/ project priorities and success criteria.
- Engage and manage executive stakeholders in business, functions and GBS regarding migration / project activities. Provide transparency to program execution and risks.
- Ensuring that deliverables are clearly established with responsibility assigned and accepted by owners and each given completion deadlines
- Driving projects to completion within agreed timelines and to agreed quality, ensuring that the benefits and outcomes are in line with expectations
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage relationships with the BRMs, Process Engineering Leader, center leaders, executive committees and key business stakeholders to ensure leadership commitment on projects aligned to
- Follow and embed a cohesive migration / project governance structure and ensure consistency and alignment in projects
- Collaborate with the center leaders and Process Engineering Leader early and ongoing in all activities to ensure a smooth and seamless transition to BAU running of the activity within the Center or Third party or function / business.
- Partner with Process Engineering team early in process to identify process/ technology improvements to execute during migration to ensure an enhanced BAU end state.
- Ensure that the business operates in such a way as to align with Aon policies and to comply with any statutory and regulatory requirements
- Supports project and system governance. Specifically:
- Definition – clearly define project scope and deliverables which achieve the strategic outcomes. Develops / leads the development of tools and processes
- Planning – develop and manage clear project plans which enable the successful delivery of projects. Assists in the development of functional specifications and system design specifications for client engagements. Develops the development of tools and processes to capture data. Developing desktop procedures and other project documents
- Change – manage changes to scope in accordance with defined governance processes. Works with client personnel to identify required changes. Communicates needed changes to development team
- Progress – manage activity to ensure that progress is accurately tracked and monitored, identifying and escalating issues as appropriate. Proposing and implementing process analysis & improvement initiatives
- Inform – keep stakeholders sufficiently informed of project progress
- Risk Management – identify relevant project risks and develop appropriate mitigation strategies to manage those risks. Support change management and risk assessment to be able to plan and implement corrective actions
- Issues Management – manage and control issues raised throughout projects to their conclusion. Proactively conducts root cause analysis to identify and understand foundational issues and present potential solutions, then works with segment leadership and others throughout the Company to address people, process and technology issues. Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported, escalated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Dependency management – identify and manage project dependencies. Preparing status reports and participating in Strategic Optimization Project Team meetings as appropriate
- Cost and budget management – work with finance business partners to ensure that costs and benefits are accurately recorded and tracked
- Reporting – provide regular monitoring, controlling and reporting of project progress to key Stakeholders
- Recording – ensure that all project documentation is maintained to an acceptable standard and retained in accordance with best practice. Reviews and edits requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
- Acts as a SME in project management and execution by:
- Client focused: Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges of client's organization and industry. Identifies client organization's strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement.
- Support Clients with preparing project plans, project updates, steering committee reports etc.
- Serves in a key partnership role with Leaders to drive programs and initiatives critical to operational success and change management within the organization
- Assists with system and business testing activities.
- Supports/guides other team members (as required)
Performance Goals / Key Results
- Promote interdependency between centers, BRMs and global partners and other Aon business units / Functions based on trust, integrity and mutual understanding. Be adept at identifying and executing on opportunities to integrate parties and solutions (connect the dots).
- Deliver the migrations / projects with the end in mind enabling the effectiveness of the centers/destination around quality, responsiveness, and cost.
- Establish and achieve operational targets and metrics related to migration activities and establish mechanisms to monitor the performance.
- Drives the reception of Aon’s employer brand and the concept of Aon United in the center labor markets.
- Successful ability to develop client relationships while providing the highest quality client service, including building strong, collaborative relationships with team members and fostering a productive teamwork environment.
- Communication and influence skills and ability to use skills to ensure consistency of direction and a coherent business structure.
- Comfort working in an ambiguous, fluid and dynamic business environment.
- Project management experience/knowledge
- Significant operations exposure to understand the complexities of the business
- Ability to manage and be involved in multiple complex projects at the same time, as well as the ability to stay focused on key business initiatives.
- Ability to drive and lead change, decision making and execution of programs in a highly matrixed organization
- Able to work at all levels of the organization from senior leadership to the staff level.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment that requires decisiveness, quick turnaround and quality output.
- Excel skills – at least intermediate level
- Experience in using computer applications (MS Office is a must)
- Solid knowledge of all MS Office Products
- Very high attention to detail
- Ability to analyse data and check its accuracy
- Ability to asses change impact across processes/teams and identify possible risks
- English level – C1
- Other foreign language skills will be an asset
- Excellent skills in oral and written communications, leadership, supervision and interpersonal relationships.
- The best medical cover on the market with free dental care
- Generous benefits package for your wellbeing (multisport cards, insurance, vouchers, and many more!)
- Stability of employment and permanent contract after trial period
- Brand new office supporting collaboration, flexibility and activity based working
- Internal career opportunities and individual development plan
- Unique workplace culture - we value openness, honesty and authenticity, so don’t expect formal dress code nor managers hidden behind closed doors
- Lots of social events, charity actions and opportunities to integrate with colleagues
Please attach CV in English only.