The Aon Centre of Innovation and Analitics is looking to hire a Data Engineer to support the design and development of data solutions that enable the delivery of the ACIA’s analytical objectives. The successful candidate will be part of the Data Engineering team.
- Work with the Data Engineering Manager and in collaboration with Aon’s business teams to define and deliver data solutions that enable and enhance ACIA’s reporting and analytical capabilities
- Design, develop, test, tune, deploy data pipeline solutions and hand off to support teams to operate
- Interface with key business stakeholders to gather data integration requirements and develop solutions accordingly
- Contribute to the logical/physical design and development of new/existing data marts/models
- Maintain up to date Technical and Operational documentation
- Manage task list and communicate updates to stakeholders and team members following an Agile Scrum methodology
- Work as key member of the core team to support the timely and efficient delivery of critical data integration deliverables
- Customer focused
- Have excellent communications skills (both oral and written)
- A multi-tasker
- A strong collaborator and relationship builder
- A problem solver
- A team player that can work independently and think creatively
- 5+ years hands on experience as an ETL/DWH developer with strong knowledge in designing, developing and delivering end-to-end data integration processes for large scale data warehouses
- Experience in design, development and deployment of data warehouses or relational/analytical/multi-dimensional data marts
- Strong understanding of BI principles, architectures and enterprise scale BI solutions
- Experience with enterprise scale ETL/ETL solutions such as SSIS, IBM DataStage
- Experience developing data solutions on AWS (AWS Glue, Spectrum, Redshift, RDS)
- Advanced RDBMS experience particularly Oracle 10/11g and SQL Server 2008 – 2016 including complex stored procedures, functions, query optimization, indexing strategy etc.
- Exposure to and direct experience with AWS Redshift a distinct advantage
- Exposure to DWH appliance platforms such as Teradata, Netezza, MS APS advantageous
- Programming experience; in particular with Python, Perl or SPARK advantageous
- Knowledge of enterprise BI platforms such as Tableau, Qlikview, JasperSoft etc.
- Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM is desirable
- Full project lifecycle experience, from initial concept through to deployment and support.
- Strong ethos and spotless record
- Third level IT qualification or equivalent experience
- Post-graduate qualifications (in related discipline) would be advantageous.
- A promising career path with career opportunities in Poland and globally as well as an individual development plan
- A large number of career opportunities in different business areas
- Cooperation with young, energetic and craving for knowledge colleagues
- The opportunity to build strong and meaningful relationships with clients and influence their business
- The best medical cover on the market with free dental care
- Generous and competitive benefits package (multisport cards, insurance, vouchers – find out what else is waiting for you!)
- Office in close proximity to Krakow’s city centre
- The chance to participate in social events and charity actions
Please attach CV in English only.