Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
ACIA is leading the development of cloud-based analytics capability for Aon. With a diverse portfolio of projects on the horizon, and a sizeable production estate supporting an already successful business, we are in a critical growth phase and need the best minds in industry to help advance our journey. We now have a Data Engineer position become available in within our ACIA department.
What is the Aon Colleague Experience?
Being a part of Aon means making a difference – every moment, every day – across the globe.
- It’s knowing that your work makes a difference – for our clients, our colleagues and our communities.
- It’s working every day with the best – people who are knowledgeable, passionate, conscientious, and innovative.
- It’s understand that you own your potential – to develop your skills, grow your career, and expand your reach across businesses and geographies
- It’s being valued for who are you are and what you bring to the firm – appreciation and recognition for your contributions, tools and resources to let you do your best work every day, a comprehensive total rewards package, and the encouragement to be your authentic self at work.
About the Role:
The ACIA is looking to hire a Data Engineer to support the design and development of data solutions that enable the delivery of the ACIA’s analytical objectives. The successful candidate will be part of the Data Engineering team.
This position reports to the Data Engineering Manager and is a level 7 – Associate on the ACIA Career Framework.
- Work with the Data Engineering Manager and in collaboration with Aon’s business teams to define and deliver data solutions that enable and enhance ACIA’s reporting and analytical capabilities
- Design, develop, test, tune, deploy data pipeline solutions and hand off to support teams to operate
- Interface with key business stakeholders to gather data integration requirements and develop solutions accordingly
- Contribute to the logical/physical design and development of new/existing data marts/models
- Maintain up to date Technical and Operational documentation
- Manage task list and communicate updates to stakeholders and team members following an Agile Scrum methodology
- Work as key member of the core team to support the timely and efficient delivery of critical data integration deliverables
- Customer focused
- Have excellent communications skills (both oral and written)
- A multi-tasker
- A strong collaborator and relationship builder
- A problem solver
- A team player that can work independently and think creatively
- You have a spotless record and strong ethos
- 5+ years hands on experience as an ETL/DWH developer with strong knowledge in designing, developing and delivering end-to-end data integration processes for large scale data warehouses
- Experience in design, development and deployment of data warehouses or relational/analytical/multi-dimensional data marts
- Strong understanding of BI principles, architectures and enterprise scale BI solutions
- Experience with enterprise scale ETL/ETL solutions such as IBM DataStage, SSIS, WhereScape RED a must
- Experience developing data solutions on AWS (AWS Glue, Spectrum, Redshift, RDS)
- Advanced RDBMS experience particularly Oracle 10/11g and SQL Server 2008 – 2016 including complex stored procedures, functions, query optimization, indexing strategy etc.
- Exposure to and direct experience with AWS Redshift a distinct advantage
- Exposure to DWH appliance platforms such as Teradata, Netezza, MS APS advantageous
- Programming experience; in particular with Python, Perl or SPARK advantageous
- Knowledge of enterprise BI platforms such as Tableau, Qlikview, JasperSoft etc.
- Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM is desirable
- Full project lifecycle experience, from initial concept through to deployment and support.
- Third level IT qualification or equivalent experience
- Post-graduate qualifications (in related discipline) would be advantageous.
What you can expect from us
- Remuneration and attractive range of benefits geared to attract the very best
- Great career opportunities both in Ireland and globally.
- Opportunity to work with talented, motivated colleagues that will support your career growth
- Sport & Social club
- A promising career path and individual development plan
- A large number of career opportunities in different business areas
- Cooperation with young, energetic and craving for knowledge colleagues
- The opportunity to build strong and meaningful relationships with clients and influence their business
- The best medical cover on the market with free dental care
- Generous and competitive benefits package (multisport cards, insurance, vouchers – find out what else is waiting for you!)
- Office in close proximity to Krakow’s city centre
- The chance to participate in social events and charity actions
Please attach CV in English only.