IT Administrator - Infrastructure Services (SQL Server DBA)
Job / Role Description
In this role you will be working within a team being formed at our Krakow hub, implementing and supporting database solutions as well as providing production and project DBA responsibilities. This will include upgrades, migration, implementation, setting security, management, configuration, performance tuning and optimization and general BAU activities.
SQL Server Database Specialization
- Expertise in managing SQL Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2014, 2016
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention
- Knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands
- Experience with AlwaysON Availability groups, clustering, replication, log shipping, mirroring and storage replication technologies
- Experience in implementing operational automation
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching
- Knowledge of SQL Server tools ( Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, system sprocs)
- Solid acquaintance with windows server, security delegation, SPNs, storage components
- Service Management experience using ServiceNow will be considered a plus, but not required.
- Experience with Cloud database hosting providers AWS EC2, Azure VM and Azure SQL Database a bonus
-PowerShell knowledge as a plus
Soft Skills required
- Attention to Detail
- Possess a keen interest within SQL technologies by understanding new current/forthcoming versions (e.g. SQL 2017, etc.)
- Skill in using analytics, logic and reasoning to troubleshoot issues and find the best solutions to overcome challenges
- Must have a passion for providing excellent support to all types of users as well as impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess organizational proficiencies to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision
- Must be a team player and have the ability to interact with multiple levels of personnel within the organization
- Operate SQL databases ensuring that systems are running optimally ensuring availability, efficiency and recoverability.
- Designing, planning and implementation of new SQL Servers
- Implement monitoring solutions for SQL databases
- Develop and maintain automation scripts for daily operations.
- Ability to establish alliances with other teams through recognition of dependencies.
- Acts as an expert technical resource to client and development staff in all phases of the development and implementation process
- Spotless record and strong ethos
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science / information system / Electronics Engineering or equivalent
- ITIL certified – Added advantage.
SQL Server Database Specialization:
Please attach CV in English only.