The Data Analyst (DA) will be responsible for requirements documenting of importing/exporting, transforming, validating or modeling data with the purpose of understanding or drawing conclusions from the data in order to meet client or vendor needs. The DA responsibilities may include presenting data in charts, graphs and tables for report creation. This role requires a mixture of data schema knowledge and technical writing activities paired with hands on and collaborative work with Systems Analysts. Technical exposure through requirements, QA or development software lifecycles are also a plus.
• Convert, update, and maintain client requirements according to comprehensive needs of a project.
• Assist configuration with guidance on how the deployment (or migration) of new system updates into the production environment should occur.
• Work with internal team members to clarify requirements and communicate client expectations.
• Provide domain specific expertise on database structure, common procedure outputs, and system integration tasks.
• Coach team members on technical and proprietary tools required to configure, test, debug, monitor, and report on system data integration.
• Work with development to outline business requirements where new system features may be required based on client need.
• Communicate status of work to the appropriate parties. Escalate risks as needed where items may not be delivered on time and may lead to project delay.
• Identify and interpret patterns and trends, assess data quality and eliminate irrelevant data.
• Accurately translate business requirements into detailed functional specifications.
• Ensure all inbound data requirements are identified early which may be specific to outbound data needs.
• Enhance applications based on new/changing business requirements.
• Provide requirements clarifications as needed to ensure technical, client, and other team members are clear on expected output.
• Demonstrated competence working with clients. Focuses on clients’ needs, maintains deep relationships and provides strong client service. Engages in thoughtful questioning and strong listening skills to build a deep understanding of clients’ situations.
• Knowledge of financial and business metrics that drive client’s business and personal success. Educates others within Aon about financial issues impacting decision-making.
• Knowledge of risk management: identification, assessment, and prioritization of risks followed by the development of a plan to minimize, monitor, and control the probability and/or impact of unfortunate events.
• Ability to understand the client’s definition and expectations of quality and manage to those expectations.
• Proficient with MS Office products and other office technology: Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lync, LiveMeeting.
• Knowledge of system capabilities and functionality.
• Experience with project based work structures, project lifecycle models, and key principles of effective project management.
• Experience in the development and implementation of software solutions including Agile methodologies.
• Detailed understanding of the flow of data from employer HRIS system into Aon and the subsequent data streams (and their intended purpose) from Aon to carriers, vendors, payroll systems, shared services, consulting / actuarial firms, and government agencies.
• Demonstrated competence with basic event flow configuration and testing.
• Ability to conduct research into application development issues and products.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Ability to translate client requirements and/or legislation into system specifications and test plans.
• Knowledge of SQL including the ability to create ad-hoc reports.
• Demonstrated analytical skills. Ability to work with large amounts of data: facts, figures, and number crunching. Ability to see through the data and analyze it to find conclusions.
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user friendly language.
• Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in time sensitive situations.
• Experience working in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
• Excellent attention to detail. Data needs to be precise. Conclusions drawn from data analysis will drive critical client decisions.
• Possess strong mathematical skills.
• Spotless record and strong ethos.
• A promising career path and individual development plan
• A large number of career opportunities in different business areas
• Cooperation with young, energetic and craving for knowledge colleagues
• The opportunity to build strong and meaningful relationships with clients and influence their business
• The best medical cover on the market with free dental care
• Generous and competitive benefits package (multisport cards, insurance, vouchers – find out what else is waiting for you!)
• Offices in close proximity to Krakow’s city centre
• The chance to participate in social events and charity actions
Please attach CV in English only.