IT Sr. Administrator - Infrastructure Services (SQL Server Cloud DBA Engineer/Operations)
Job / Role Description
In this role you will be working within a team being formed at our Krakow hub, implementing and supporting database solutions as well as providing production and project DBA responsibilities. This will include upgrades, migration, implementation, setting security, management, configuration, performance tuning and optimization and general BAU activities.
SQL Server Database Specialization
- Expertise in managing SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using SQL Server monitoring utilities such as Idera SQLdm, BMC Patrol, NewRelic, Spotlight, SQLSentry
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering
- Experience with AlwaysON Availability groups, clustering, replication, log shipping, mirroring and storage replication technologies
- Expert experience in implementing operational automation
- Strong knowledge of indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching
- Knowledge of SQL Server tools ( Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, system sprocs)
- Solid acquaintance with windows server, security delegation, SPNs, storage components
- Service Management expertise using SNow will be considered a plus, but not required.
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) platforms including SSIS, SSAS and SSRS
- Any skills in open source and/or No SQL databases
- Experience with Cloud database hosting providers AWS EC2, Azure VM and Azure SQL Database
Soft Skills required
- Attention to Detail
- Possess a keen interest within SQL technologies by understanding new current/forthcoming versions (e.g. SQL 2016, etc.)
- Skill in using analytics, logic and reasoning to troubleshoot issues and find the best solutions to overcome challenges
- Must have a passion for providing excellent support to all types of users as well as impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess organizational proficiencies to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision
- Must be a team player and have the ability to interact with multiple levels of personnel within the organization
- Spotless record and strong ethos
- Operate SQL databases ensuring that systems are running optimally ensuring availability, efficiency and recoverability.
- Designing, planning and implementation of new SQL Server estate
- Consolidation/expansion of existing services
- Design and implement monitoring solutions for SQL databases
- Develop and maintain automation scripts for daily operations.
- Ability to establish alliances with other teams through recognition of dependencies.
- Acts as an expert technical resource to client and development staff in all phases of the development and implementation process
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science / information system / Electronics Engineering or equivalent
- ITIL certified – Added advantage.
SQL Server Database Specialization:
- SQL Server certified professional – Added advantage
• A promising career path and individual development plan
• A large number of career opportunities in different business areas
• Cooperation with young, energetic and craving for knowledge colleagues just like you
• The opportunity to build strong and meaningful relationships with clients and influence their business
• The best medical cover on the market with free dental care
• Generous and competitive benefits package (multisport cards, insurance, vouchers – find out what else is waiting for you!)
• Offices in close proximity to Krakow’s city centre
• The chance to participate in social events and charity actions
Please attach CV in English only.