Aon is seeking an experienced Linux Engineer/Administrator to provide a dual role in their quest to expand and improve their Cloud Engineering operation in EMEA. The successful individual will play a core role in the EMEA Cloud Engineering Operations team and will support both the operational elements of the cloud technologies used by Aon, and provide day-to-day administration of Linux and Unix platforms built within these cloud environments.
- Deploying IaaS/PaaS infrastructure, following local and global architectural standards and processes
- Support the deployment of all Aon-approved Cloud services (EC2 incl. auto-scaling, ELB, EBS & S3, Redis, Cloudwatch, EMR etc.)
- Provide support, administration, maintenance, research and product management for Aon's global Linux and Unix server deployment
- Independent working to provide a wide variety of system administration services in the Enterprise Linux and Unix Server environment. To include; building, deploying, managing, and supporting Aon's global Linux & Unix infrastructure
- Deployment of a variety of builds into Aon’s approved cloud services
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as HAProxy, Apache, MySQL, nginx, etc.
- Deployment, configuration and modification of Linux and Unix builds into these cloud services and into other traditional infrastructure environments
- Provisioning Infrastructure as code using Terraform
- Involvement in strategic and tactical projects at all levels, technical leadership, complex administrative tasks, resource and capacity planning, product administration, support and root cause analysis
- Leading strategic initiatives in line with organization goals; Linux/Unix kernel level debugging and involvement in cross functional & cross geographic projects
- Creating and updating documentation relating to many aspects of Linux/Unix systems administration work flow
- Mentoring less experienced team members where applicable
You should be:
- Experienced installing and configuring Linux in the Cloud (AWS preferable)
- Experienced with configuration management tools, such as Ansible or Puppet
- Experienced installing, configuring, and maintaining Docker
- Familiar with automation, IaaS and scripting (JSON, YML)
- Familiar with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages
- Familiar with TCP/IP networking, load balancing, firewalls, etc. and proficient with network tools such as iptables, Linux IPVS, HAProxy, etc.
- Able to build and monitor services on production servers
- Able to systematically analyse, isolate and diagnose technical issues
- Flexible to work out of regular working hours, if required
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Linux/Unix Engineer
- At least 2 years’ experience in Microsoft Azure or AWS (AWS preferable)
- Experience of network management and troubleshooting; a solid understanding of routing and firewall principles
- Extensive technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting enterprise IT systems based on Linux/Unix
- Understanding of storage systems, e.g. RAID / SAN configuration and management, I/O monitoring, replication etc.
- Knowledge of DR and BCP approaches
- Comfortable and composed working in a high-pressure environment to meet deadlines
- Self-driven, resourceful with ability to prioritise and work independently or in groups
- Focused on attention to detail and accuracy with strong analytic/diagnostic skills
- Flexible within the role and display a desire to get involved
- Strong customer management / service ethos
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- AWS and/or Azure certification preferable
- RHEL certified
- Working knowledge of ITIL v3 or have ITIL Foundation (v3) certification.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
Please attach CV in English only.