Aon's Actuarial & Analytics (A&A) Team provides tailored consulting solutions to clients across the insurance and banking industries. Our clients include multinational corporations, banks, captive insurers, and insurance and reinsurance companies in Europe and across the world. The A&A Team works with the wider Aon network of brokers and captive managers to provide a broad range of products and services to Aon's diverse client base.
We utilise our broad skill set and market experience to help our clients implement effective risk management approaches to operate efficiently in the increasingly sophisticated and dynamic global market.
Our European team of around 50 consultants is based in London, Zurich, Luxembourg and Stockholm and is connected to our global actuarial network in North America, Australia and the Far East. As part of our expansion plans, we are looking to establish a new team in Poland to work alongside our existing European centres of excellence.
Our European teams come from a range of diverse backgrounds, including areas such as finance, econometrics, mathematics, engineering, physics, banking and actuarial science and we hope to draw from similarly diverse backgrounds in establishing our team in Krakow.
You will work in a variety of project teams together A&A colleagues in other locations to deliver a wide range of actuarial and analytical solutions to Aon's global client base; quickly gaining the knowledge and expertise to manage your own portfolio of projects.
From day one, you will be given responsibility on projects, assisting more senior members of the European teams on a range of areas. It is likely that you will be involved in projects from all product areas during your first few years at Aon. There will also be plenty of scope to specialise when you are ready.
The main services we offer our clients are:
We help our clients quantify how much money they need to hold aside to finance the liabilities arising from insurance policies they have written. Future unknown losses on existing policies are forecast using historic loss experience and actuarial judgment and assumptions.
Pricing/Insurance Programme Optimisation
We help companies understand the degree of risk in their insurance programmes by using historic claims data, industry data and exposure information to estimate the potential cost and volatility of claims arising under future policies. We can then estimate premiums to charge and advise clients on the optimal reinsurance programme to maximise their expected return, based on their risk appetite.
Solvency II is a key driver of general insurance work in 2017 and beyond. We help clients assess their regulatory solvency capital requirements as well as providing advice on data quality, model governance, reporting and documentation.
Capital modelling involves analysing all the financial risks that an insurance or reinsurance company may face, from both an economic and regulatory perspective. We use this to calculate the capital required to ensure a company's solvency in the ‘worst-case' scenario. We provide services in model build, validation, management and improving model efficiency.
Our technical training
As we are a multi-disciplinary team, you will follow a balanced training programme that covers all of our product offerings. We have a range of training programmes designed to gradually build up your technical knowledge in each area as you gain further experience in the team.
You will also receive training and guidance in a range of modelling software. In particular, we use ReMetrica, a capital modelling software package that has been developed by Aon.
We are committed to giving you the support you need to develop your skills and take your career to the highest levels. For new starters, we will fully support your study towards qualification as an actuary. You will also be allocated a buddy who's recently been in your position and a line manager to give advice and guidance throughout the year.
• University degree or equivalent with a strong numerical component
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Strong analytical skills and the drive to deliver excellent work to our clients
• Advanced Excel skills
• Attention to details
• Ability to analyze data and check its accuracy
• Good numerical skills
• Ability to work independently, prioritize own tasks and work under time pressure
• Spotless record and strong ethos
• A promising career path within actuarial fields and individual development plan
• The possibility to participate in actuarial trainings in the UK
• A large number of career opportunities in different business areas
• Cooperation with young, energetic and craving for knowledge colleagues
• The opportunity to build strong and meaningful relationships with clients and influence their business
• The best medical cover on the market with free dental care
• Generous and competitive benefits package (multisport cards, insurance, vouchers – find out what else is waiting for you!)
• Offices in close proximity to Krakow’s city centre
• The chance to participate in social events and charity actions
Please attach CV in English only.